Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Final AI Blog

I took sometime off of blogging because 1. Danny got voted off of American Idol and I couldn't bring myself to type about it 2. I have been extremely busy and out of town (a blog will come soon about my adventures during Memorial Weekend) and 3. I got tired of staring at a computer screen.
Anyway this is my final blog about American Idol Season 8 seeing that the results were read a week ago and the show is over. But let me take you back to 2 weeks ago. The moment I realized Danny Gokey was not going to be the American Idol. Let me set the scene. I was over at the McAlpin's playing with precious Claire and watching the show. Claire fell asleep and went to bed while the show got intense. It was the three guys. They sung their hearts out and bam Kris was safe. I was feeling a little nervous, a part of me was estatic thinking that it would be Kris and Danny in the final 2, the other part of me was depressed because I knew Danny was gone. The moment came, I had chills and then Ryan read the name...Adam Lambert. My phone immediately went off with text messages because it was no secret that I was a huge Danny fan. I wanted to cry but I held it in...but I was in shock! It took me a while to swallow what had happened but needless to say I got over it and watched the Season Finale of Lost which blew my mind!!
Fast Forward to last Wednesday night. With Lost in re-runs I was able to watch the season finale of American Idol live at my apt. It was a jamming finale. David Cook rocked the house with Permant and made me find his cd and listen to it on the way to work the next morning. Danny and Lionel did great!! I did not like it when all the AI sang together! But Carlos Santanna along with Queen ROCKED THE HOUSE!! Then the moment came I just knew Adam was going to win. I was wrong when Ryan annouced Kris as the winner I repeatedly screamed SHUT UP (my neighbors probably thought I was crazy and then mhowle called me and we discussed our shock then when we hung up I continued to yell at the tv telling Kris to go hug his wife. I was happy with the outcome and will be purchasing a Kris Allen and Danny Gokey album when they drop.

All in all AI was great this season...I am not sure if I will be this dedicated to it next season but you never know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment