Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Memory...it's a wonderful thing...

I just feel like blogging. I know it was one of my resolutions but who really keeps those? As you can see there has been some design changes, don't really know if I want to commit to it or not so I am just taking it for a test run before I make a commitment.

On another note in December I was challenged by memorizing scripture throughout the year. I have always heard about the importance of scripture memory but never really practiced it in my personal life. I mean I can recall several scripture from hearing them in church or Bible study but I never took action and started memorizing scripture that spoke to me and the situations I was facing. So I finally stopped being lazy and started January 1st memorizing a verse every 15 days. Let's not call it a resolution because I don't keep those. I prefer a life change rather than a resolution.

The first verse I started with is actually one that Justin, the youth pastor at my church challenged the youth to memorize at the beginning of the school year. I was pumped and wrote it on my bathroom mirror excited to memorize it. The verse stayed on the mirror for 4 months without being ingrained in my heart until January 1st.

The verse is...
                 For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus as Lord and ourselves as your servants for
 Jesus' sake.
2 Corinthians 4:5

This verse challenges you to look at yourself and determine who you are preaching to the world. I am a selfish person and there are so many times I preach myself or an idea that is not of God. When I do that I am preaching to the world something that is not Jesus. This verse has really challenged me in the past month to examine what I am preaching and making it not about myself but about my Lord and Savior. With everything I do my I preach His name and hide mine behind His cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment